Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "I don’t know what happens if I don’t have a power of attorney for personal care or property."
- "I wrote a Power of Attorney, but I’ve changed my mind about the person I chose."
- "I don’t know who to name in my Power of Attorney."
- "I don’t want machines to keep me alive if I’m in a terrible accident or get really sick."
- "My sibling makes health-care decisions for our sick parent and I don’t agree with his/her choices."
- "The person in charge of my sick parent’s finances has been withdrawing large amounts of money from his/her bank account."
Legal Services and Information
|Ontario. Ministry of the Attorney General - Victims and Vulnerable Persons Division - Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee||Responsible for:Protecting Mentally Incapable People: managing the finances and property of adults who have been found incapable of managing their own affairs decision maker of…|
|Council on Aging of Ottawa (The)||Advocacy group on seniors' issuesVolunteer opportunitiesVolunteer-run committees meet to discuss the following seniors issues: Age-Friendly Ottawa: group working with the City of Ottawa, community partners,…|
|JusticeNet||Non-profit organization links individuals seeking legal advice that are unable to obtain legal advice due to high cost or due to their ineligibility to obtain…|
|Advocacy Centre for the Elderly||Community legal clinic representation in cases involving issues of particular importance to seniors, such as long term care, hospital discharge issues, elder abuse, government pensions,…|
|Ontario. Ministry of the Attorney General - Power of Attorney Kit Online||Online tool that will help someone appoint the person they want to make decisions for them when they are no longer able to do so…|