Skip to content


Includes sponsorship of family members.

Some indicators of legal issues

What the clients may say:

  • "I want my partner and children to come live with me in Canada permanently."
  • "My partner sponsored me so I could come to Canada, but now he/she is abusing me."
  • "Although my partner sponsored me less than three years ago, he/she is now unemployed and can’t support me any more."
  • "I sponsored my partner to come to Canada. Because we are not married and haven’t lived together for over a year, the application was refused."

Legal Services and Information

Records for Sponsorship
Title Description
Canada. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Governmental information centre the Client Support Centre can answer questions about immigration, refugees and citizenship services and programs, and on status of an application in…
Vanier Community Services Centre - Clinique juridique francophone d'Ottawa Legal services for low-income francophones living in Ottawa in different areas of law such as: Immigration Housing (problems between tenants and landlords only) Ontario Disability…
Canada. Border Services Agency Provides commercial and passenger services customs office classified as non direct point of entry providing a full range of customs services to the general public…
JusticeNet Non-profit organization links individuals seeking legal advice that are unable to obtain legal advice due to high cost or due to their ineligibility to obtain…

Social Services and Information

Ottawa Social Services