Includes information about discrimination and harassment at work based on race, age, disability, or other grounds.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "I'm deaf. My boss says there's no money for sign language interpretation so I can participate in meetings."
- "I use a walker. During my job interview, I was asked a lot of questions about my disability."
- "I was fired because I sometimes need to take my disabled child to medical appointments during work hours."
- "My boss told me I can't take time off work to pray. I'm uncomfortable with the way my boss treats women at our office."
- "My doctor sent my boss a letter saying that I need to change my work schedule because of my disability. Now my boss wants to know what my disability is."
Legal Services and Information
|Ontario Legal Information Centre||COVID-19 (May 7, 2020): Centre will no longer offer its services in person for the time being * legal information services remain available by telephone…|
|Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities - Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities||COVID-19 (July 12, 2021): Reach's Legal Referral program is accepting calls from clients with disabilities in Ottawa and the Champlain region who require legal assistance.…|
|Legal Line||Free legal answers covering 2,100 topics on provincial and federal laws available by website referrals publishes legal guides and Your Guide to Canadian Law|