Includes laws related to custody of children after their parents’ separation, and rights of children and non-custodial parents to spend time together.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "My kids really miss my ex-partner, but he/she doesn't show up for scheduled visits."
- "My ex-partner keeps changing the time he/she will pick up our kids."
- "I'm worried about my child spending time alone with my ex-partner because he/she was abusive when we lived together."
- "I'm afraid my ex-partner will take our child to another country without my permission."
- "My ex-partner and I have joint custody but he/she wants to move to another city for work."
Legal Services and Information
|Ontario Legal Information Centre||COVID-19 (May 7, 2020): Centre will no longer offer its services in person for the time being * legal information services remain available by telephone…|
|University of Ottawa - Community Legal Clinic||Student Legal Aid Services Society clinic staffed by students and supervised by lawyers provides legal services to low-income members of the community conducts legal education…|
|Vanier Community Services Centre - Ligne d'information juridique||Provides summary legal advice in the following areas: Immigration law Family Law Housing law (tenant representation only) Labour Law - Employment Standards Employment Insurance Ontario…|
|Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities - Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities||COVID-19 (July 12, 2021): Reach's Legal Referral program is accepting calls from clients with disabilities in Ottawa and the Champlain region who require legal assistance.…|
|JusticeNet||Non-profit organization links individuals seeking legal advice that are unable to obtain legal advice due to high cost or due to their ineligibility to obtain…|
|Family Law Education for Women Campaign - METRAC Action on Violence||Online resource of plain language legal information on women's rights under Ontario family law webinar recordings posted regularly on website how to find help with…|