Includes laws related to custody of children after their parents’ separation, and rights of children and non-custodial parents to spend time together.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "My kids really miss my ex-partner, but he/she doesn't show up for scheduled visits."
- "My ex-partner keeps changing the time he/she will pick up our kids."
- "I'm worried about my child spending time alone with my ex-partner because he/she was abusive when we lived together."
- "I'm afraid my ex-partner will take our child to another country without my permission."
- "My ex-partner and I have joint custody but he/she wants to move to another city for work."
Legal Services and Information
|Pro Bono Students Canada - University of Ottawa Common Law Chapter - The ID Project||Assistance in replacing lost or stolen personal identification pro bono lawyers and law students will help clients to complete and submit applications to replace missing…|
|University of Ottawa - Community Legal Clinic||Student Legal Aid Services Society clinic staffed by students and supervised by lawyers provides legal services to low-income members of the community conducts legal education…|
|JusticeNet||Non-profit organization links individuals seeking legal advice that are unable to obtain legal advice due to high cost or due to their ineligibility to obtain…|
|Family Law Education for Women Campaign - METRAC Action on Violence||Online resource of plain language legal information on women's rights under Ontario family law webinar recordings posted regularly on website how to find help with…|