Includes rights of victims of a crime.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "I'm the victim of a violent crime and I need help understanding the court process"
- "I'm the victim of a violent crime and I need help paying for a new door lock."
- "I don't want my offenders to contact my family or me once they get out of prison."
- "I'm the victim of a violent crime and I want to know if I'm entitled to compensation"
- "I want to tell the court how a violent crime has affected my family and me"
Legal Services and Information
|Fem'aide - Ligne de soutien pour les femmes touchées par la violence - Fem'aide - Ligne de soutien pour les femmes touchées par la violence||Free, confidential 24-hour support and crisis line for French-speaking women in Ontario supports and connects survivors of violence to community services victims and survivors of…|
|University of Ottawa - Community Legal Clinic||Student Legal Aid Services Society clinic staffed by students and supervised by lawyers provides legal services to low-income members of the community conducts legal education…|
|Ottawa. City Operations - Ottawa Police Service - Victim Support Unit||Early intervention and crisis intervention needs assessment safety planning referrals to community services enhanced support for vulnerable victims|
|ABLE2 - Fetal Alcohol Resource Program||Support for individuals affected by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) and their families service/community navigation education and community leadership development training workshops professional consultation one-to-one…|
|JusticeNet||Non-profit organization links individuals seeking legal advice that are unable to obtain legal advice due to high cost or due to their ineligibility to obtain…|