Includes income assistance under the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) – benefits available, eligibility, how to apply, how to appeal.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "My application for benefits under the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) was denied."
- "I received a letter from ODSP saying there was an overpayment on my benefits."
- "I will be appealing the ODSP’s decision to deny my benefits, but my request for interim assistance was not approved."
- "I got a letter from ODSP saying my benefits have been suspended."
- "My ODSP worker says I need a trustee to help me manage the money I receive from ODSP. I do not agree with the person he/she has chosen."
Legal Services and Information
|Ufile tax||Online tax program software can also be downloaded on a personal computer|
|WebTax4U.ca||Web-based application for preparing and Netfiling personal income tax returns certified by the CRA|
|Ontario. Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services - Ontario Disability Support Program - Income Support, Ottawa - 351 Preston St||Provides financial assistance and other benefits to eligible people with disabilities and their familiesSupports and benefits available: accommodation basic living expenses prescription drugs basic dental…|
|Vanier Community Services Centre - Clinique juridique francophone d'Ottawa||Legal services for low-income francophones living in Ottawa in different areas of law such as: Immigration Housing (problems between tenants and landlords only) Ontario Disability…|
|Income Security Advocacy Centre||Community legal clinic pursues test cases, Charter and appellate litigation to address systemic issues arising from federal and provincial income security programs, and from the…|