Includes information on applying to be recognized by Canada as a refugee.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "I’m afraid I’ll be persecuted for my religious beliefs if I return to my home country."
- "I was raped in my home country and the police didn’t help me."
- "I was persecuted in my home country because of my race."
- "I have a same-sex partner and I’m afraid to go back to my home country because of a new law criminalizing homosexuality."
- "I am a journalist and was threatened in my home country because of my political opinions."
- "My business was attacked because I am from an ethnic minority group."
- "I need extra support during my refugee hearing because of my mental disability."
- "I am a child making a refugee claim by myself, so I need extra support during my refugee hearing."
Legal Services and Information
|Canada. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada||Governmental information centre the Client Support Centre can answer questions about immigration, refugees and citizenship services and programs, and on status of an application in…|
|Vanier Community Services Centre - Clinique juridique francophone d'Ottawa||Legal services for low-income francophones living in Ottawa in different areas of law such as: Immigration Housing (problems between tenants and landlords only) Ontario Disability…|
|Canada. Border Services Agency||Provides commercial and passenger services customs office classified as non direct point of entry providing a full range of customs services to the general public…|
|JusticeNet||Non-profit organization links individuals seeking legal advice that are unable to obtain legal advice due to high cost or due to their ineligibility to obtain…|