Includes discrimination and harassment in housing based on age, race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "I’m on social assistance and applied to rent a home. The landlord said they only rent to people with jobs."
- "A landlord refused to show an apartment to my same-sex partner and me."
- "My condominium board told me it’s too expensive to install an automatic door to the building for my wheelchair."
- "I am sensitive to noise due to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), but my landlord won’t move me to a quieter apartment."
- "I am new to Canada. A landlord told me I needed somebody to co-sign my lease because I don’t have a credit history in this country."
Legal Services and Information
|Housing Help||A one-stop, drop-in service to help people with their practical housing problemsAssistance regarding: housing emergencies evictions maintenance and repair problems illegal rentsInformation: applications for subsidized…|
|Vanier Community Services Centre - Clinique juridique francophone d'Ottawa||Legal services for low-income francophones living in Ottawa in different areas of law such as: Immigration Housing (problems between tenants and landlords only) Ontario Disability…|