Includes information on laws related to HIV/AIDs testing, and privacy laws as they apply to HIV/AIDs information.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "I just found out that I'm HIV positive. I don't know what to do or who to tell."
- "I was tested for HIV without my knowledge."
- "My partner plans to tell people that I have HIV."
- "The public health unit has made an order against me because I'm HIV positive."
- "I am HIV positive and wondering if I have to tell my sexual partners."
Legal Services and Information
|AIDS Committee of Ottawa||Appointment is strongly encouragedHuman immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) individual and group support.Provides: community education risk reduction education treatment information liaison with organizations and…|
|Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities - Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities||COVID-19 (July 12, 2021): Reach's Legal Referral program is accepting calls from clients with disabilities in Ottawa and the Champlain region who require legal assistance.…|
|Ontario Aboriginal HIV / AIDS Strategy - Ontario Aboriginal HIV / AIDS Strategy (OAHAS)||Information, education, services and support offered to both urban and rural Indigenous Peoples offered in particular to individuals who are infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired…|
|Legal Line||Free legal answers covering 2,100 topics on provincial and federal laws available by website referrals publishes legal guides and Your Guide to Canadian Law|