Includes information on laws related to HIV/AIDs testing, and privacy laws as they apply to HIV/AIDs information.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "I just found out that I'm HIV positive. I don't know what to do or who to tell."
- "I was tested for HIV without my knowledge."
- "My partner plans to tell people that I have HIV."
- "The public health unit has made an order against me because I'm HIV positive."
- "I am HIV positive and wondering if I have to tell my sexual partners."
Legal Services and Information
|Ontario Legal Information Centre||COVID-19 (May 7, 2020): Centre will no longer offer its services in person for the time being * legal information services remain available by telephone…|
|AIDS Committee of Ottawa||COVID-19 (1 November 2021) : services provided by appointment onlyHuman immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) individual and group support community education risk reduction education…|
|Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities - Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities||COVID-19 (July 12, 2021): Reach's Legal Referral program is accepting calls from clients with disabilities in Ottawa and the Champlain region who require legal assistance.…|
|Ontario Aboriginal HIV / AIDS Strategy||Information, education, services and support offered to both Urban and Rural (off reserve) Aboriginal Peoples offered in particular to individuals who are infected with Human…|
|Legal Line||Free legal answers covering 2,100 topics on provincial and federal laws available by website referrals publishes legal guides and Your Guide to Canadian Law|