Includes legal obligation of parents to pay child support.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "My ex-partner is always late with or misses his/her child support payments."
- "My child just turned 18. My ex-partner has stopped paying child support and told him/her to get a job."
- "My ex-partner is making more money now, so I want him/her to pay more child support."
- "I'm on social assistance and I'm worried that child support payments will affect my benefits."
- "My ex-partner moved overseas and stopped paying child support."
Legal Services and Information
|Ontario. Ministry of the Attorney General - Superior Court of Justice - Family Law Information Centre||COVID 19: Courts are not operating as usual. Do not go to court unless you have been told to attend. Ontarians can continue to access…|
|University of Ottawa - Community Legal Clinic||Student Legal Aid Services Society clinic staffed by students and supervised by lawyers provides legal services to low-income members of the community conducts legal education…|
|Vanier Community Services Centre - Ligne d'information juridique||Provides summary legal advice in the following areas: Immigration law Family Law Housing law (tenant representation only) Labour Law - Employment Standards Employment Insurance Ontario…|
|Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities - Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities||COVID-19 (July 12, 2021): Reach's Legal Referral program is accepting calls from clients with disabilities in Ottawa and the Champlain region who require legal assistance.…|
|JusticeNet||Non-profit organization links individuals seeking legal advice that are unable to obtain legal advice due to high cost or due to their ineligibility to obtain…|
|Family Law Education for Women Campaign - METRAC Action on Violence||Online resource of plain language legal information on women's rights under Ontario family law webinar recordings posted regularly on website how to find help with…|