Includes legal obligation of parents to pay child support.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "My ex-partner is always late with or misses his/her child support payments."
- "My child just turned 18. My ex-partner has stopped paying child support and told him/her to get a job."
- "My ex-partner is making more money now, so I want him/her to pay more child support."
- "I'm on social assistance and I'm worried that child support payments will affect my benefits."
- "My ex-partner moved overseas and stopped paying child support."
Legal Services and Information
|Ontario. Ministry of the Attorney General - Superior Court of Justice - Family Law Information Centre||Resource centre that provides the public with information and education to help them deal with family law issues Information about legal services, the court process…|
|Pro Bono Students Canada - University of Ottawa Common Law Chapter - The ID Project||Assistance in replacing lost or stolen personal identification pro bono lawyers and law students will help clients to complete and submit applications to replace missing…|
|University of Ottawa - Community Legal Clinic||Student Legal Aid Services Society clinic staffed by students and supervised by lawyers provides legal services to low-income members of the community conducts legal education…|
|JusticeNet||Non-profit organization links individuals seeking legal advice that are unable to obtain legal advice due to high cost or due to their ineligibility to obtain…|
|Family Law Education for Women Campaign - METRAC Action on Violence||Online resource of plain language legal information on women's rights under Ontario family law webinar recordings posted regularly on website how to find help with…|