Covers legal rights when it comes to pollution and environmental damage.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "The air quality in the house I rent is affecting my health."
- "There is asbestos in the house I rent."
- "My child's asthma is being triggered by mould in the house we rent."
- "The paint in my apartment is flaking and I'm worried that it might contain lead."
- "I'm worried that the pest control treatment my landlord used is harmful to my health."
- "My child got a rash after playing with a new toy."
- "I think the construction site near my home is releasing toxins."
- "I think my well water is contaminated"
Legal Services and Information
|Ontario Legal Information Centre||COVID-19 (May 7, 2020): Centre will no longer offer its services in person for the time being * legal information services remain available by telephone…|
|Ecojustice - Ecojustice Environmental Law Clinic||Public interest environmental law organization students offer legal education and community outreach, summary legal advice, law reform advice and submissions, representation before administrative bodies and…|
|Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities - Reach Canada - Equality and Justice for People With Disabilities||COVID-19 (July 12, 2021): Reach's Legal Referral program is accepting calls from clients with disabilities in Ottawa and the Champlain region who require legal assistance. Referrals…|
|Legal Line||Free legal answers covering 2,100 topics on provincial and federal laws available by website referrals publishes legal guides and Your Guide to Canadian Law|