Includes information about workers, rights when they are injured on the job and about the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB).
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "I have chronic back pain from the heavy lifting I have to do at work. My boss offered me a different job that pays less"
- "The chemicals I have to use at work gave me asthma and now I can't work."
- "Chronic pain from a work-related injury has made me depressed. Because of my depression, my employers cut my hours."
- "I saw a co-worker die and now I'm afraid to go back to work"
- "I got a letter from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) saying that my benefits have been reduced"
Legal Services and Information
|Canada. House of Commons
|The popularly elected component of Parliament where most major government legislation is introduced Constitutionally authorized to introduce legislation concerned with the raising or spending of…
|Vanier Community Services Centre - Clinique juridique francophone d'Ottawa
|Legal services for low-income francophones living in Ottawa in different areas of law such as: Immigration Housing (problems between tenants and landlords only) Ontario Disability…
|Non-profit organization links individuals seeking legal advice that are unable to obtain legal advice due to high cost or due to their ineligibility to obtain…
|Workers' Action Centre
|Covid-19 -- support available by telephone; all in-person meetings and workshops cancelled until further noticeWorkers rights education information and referral on work-related issues such as…