Includes rights of employees to receive Employment Insurance benefits when unemployed.
Some indicators of legal issues
What the clients may say:
- "I need EI because I'm sick and have to take time off from work."
- "I need EI because I have to take time off from wok to take care of a very sick family member."
- "My boss didn't pay me for all my time, so I quit my job and need to apply for EI."
- "My partner has to move to a different city for work. This means I will need to quit my job, so I need to apply for EI."
- "I want to apply for EI, but my employer won't give me my Record of Employment."
- "I was laid off and my application for EI was refused."
- "I got a letter saying I was overpaid for my EI benefits."
Legal Services and Information
|Workers' Action Centre||Covid-19 -- support available by telephone; all in-person meetings and workshops cancelled until further noticeWorkers rights education information and referral on work-related issues such as…|
|Legal Line||Free legal answers covering 2,100 topics on provincial and federal laws available by website referrals publishes legal guides and Your Guide to Canadian Law|